- The first World Horseshoe Tournament was held in
Bronson, Kansas in 1909.
- Topeka Horseshoe Association (THA) has been a
part of Gage Park since 1899.
- In 2003, The City of Topeka and the Topeka Parks &
Recreation built 18 new horseshoe courts with full walkways.
- In 2009, The Topeka Parks & Recreation
built new restrooms next to the horseshoe courts.
- The Topeka Horseshoe Association has hosted many
State Championship Tournaments.
- The 2015 World Horseshoe Tournament
was hosted by THA, KHPA & the city of Topeka at the Kansas Expocentre